If you’ve been involved in a truck accident involving a DHL delivery vehicle, you know how stressful the aftermath can be. The Cochran Firm understands the severity of truck accidents and the emotional and physical toll they can have on victims. That’s why we have compiled this guide to help you navigate the legal landscape after such an incident.
We will outline the steps you need to take to ensure your legal rights are protected and that the compensation you are entitled to is recovered in a timely manner. We will also discuss how to go about obtaining records related to the incident, as well as provide advice on how to handle insurance companies.
By following these steps, you can protect yourself from being taken advantage of during this difficult time and ensure that your rights are upheld throughout the process.
Assess the Damage and Get Medical Attention
In the aftermath of a DHL truck accident, it’s important to assess any potential physical damages and seek medical attention if necessary. A single accident can have many physical and emotional effects, some of which might not present themselves right away. By seeking medical attention, you can be sure that any injuries or conditions are properly identified and treated.
To assess the damage to your vehicle, you should:
- Check the body of your car for any dents or scratches
- Look for any signs that the car is leaking fluids
- Check tire tread depth and condition.
Additionally, you should take pictures or videos of your car in its damaged state to serve as evidence if necessary.
Preserve Evidence for Your Claim
Too often, potential DHL truck accident victims fail to take the necessary steps in completing the entire process for filing a claim. After the accident occurs, it is critical that you follow certain steps to preserve evidence in order to give your case the best chance of success.
First, be sure to exchange information with all drivers and witnesses involved in the crash. This includes names, contact information, insurance policy information, and license plate numbers. Second, take photos of any damage and write down all details of the crash scene, including road conditions and weather. Be sure to keep a copy of your reports made after the accident with both police officers and your insurance company.
Finally, it’s important that you seek medical attention immediately following your involvement in a DHL truck accident. Even if you initially feel fine after the event has occurred, it’s still important to get evaluated by a doctor soon after, because many injuries may not show symptoms until days later. If you fail to document any injuries or damages sustained from the crash scene, this can put you at a disadvantage when trying to fight for compensation from DHL trucking company.
Contact a Philadelphia DHL Truck Accident Lawyer
Contacting a personal injury lawyer should be the first thing you do after being involved in a DHL truck accident. A lawyer is essential for protecting your rights and ensuring that you obtain the compensation you deserve. The Cochran Firm has experienced attorneys who focus on truck accident cases and have a strong understanding of the laws and regulations regarding them.
An experienced attorney from The Cochran Firm can help you . . .
- Identify all responsible parties
- Determine the law applicable to your situation
- Ensure that the correct evidence is gathered and preserved
- Negotiate for a settlement with the insurance company
- Represent your interests in court, if necessary.
Don’t wait! Contact The Cochran Firm as quickly as possible to preserve your rights and maximize your chances of obtaining fair compensation.
Gather Evidence with Your Attorney’s Help
In order to ensure the success of your case, it’s important to collect evidence that can be used to prove negligence. This can include:
- Documentation from witnesses who saw what happened
- Photos or videos of the accident scene and any damages
- Towing and repair bills related to the crash
- Medical records showing any connection between your injuries and the accident itself
- Copies of police reports or incident reports related to the crash
- Expert testimony and/or expert analysis of data related to the accident circumstances and/or medical diagnostics or treatments, pursuant to your attorney’s investigation into your case.
The Cochran Firm can help you throughout this process and use their resources to build a strong case on your behalf, ultimately increasing the chances for a fair settlement in the end that takes all of your damages into account for full reimbursement for both current and future medical costs, lost wages, pain, suffering, and more.
File Your Claim & Negotiate a Settlement
If you’ve been involved in an accident with a DHL Truck, the next step is to file your claim and negotiate a settlement. You’ll need to make sure you have all the necessary paperwork from your insurance company and medical records, as these will be used by The Cochran Firm to build a strong case for you.
The Cochran Firm will work with the insurance company on your behalf to ensure that you are given fair compensation for any damages and losses incurred due to the accident, including medical bills, lost wages and pain & suffering. The firm is committed to helping victims of accidents get the maximum compensation possible so they can move on with their lives and recover from their ordeal.
To do this, your attorney will review all of the evidence available and conduct an in-depth investigation into the incident in order to determine who is liable for any damages or losses. Once liability has been established, The Cochran Firm can begin negotiations with the insurance company or other responsible parties to ensure that a fair settlement is reached.
Know What a Typical DHL Truck Accident Settlement Looks Like
Once you have taken the steps above to protect your rights and move toward a successful resolution of your claim, you may want to consider the typical settlement agreement in regard to a DHL truck accident.
Generally speaking, you can expect compensation for several areas, such as:
- Property damage: If your car has been damaged or totalled due to the accident, you may be eligible to receive compensation for repairs or replacement, depending on the severity of the damage.
- Medical bills: You may be able to receive compensation for any medical expenses related to treating your injuries from the accident. This may include both current and future medical costs associated with physical therapy, doctor visits and more.
- Lost wages: Many DHL truck accidents result in victims’ missing time from work due to pain and suffering or extensive medical treatments. You may be able to receive compensation for any wages that have been lost due to such absences.
- Pain & suffering: Perhaps one of the most common damages covered by settlements related to DHL truck accidents is pain and suffering. This area of compensation is meant to provide relief from any emotional distress caused by being involved in a crash and physical discomfort due to injuries sustained during an accident.
A knowledgeable attorney from The Cochran Firm can help you evaluate your settlement offer and decide whether it is fair given the circumstances surrounding your case.
Are you still confused about what to do after a DHL truck accident? Here are some frequently asked questions that might help you make the right decisions for your case:
What Damages Can I Claim?
Depending on the circumstances of your accident, you may be able to recover various types of damages from DHL, including medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering, and more. An experienced legal team with The Cochran Firm can evaluate your case and determine which damages can be legally sought.
How Long Does a Case Take?
The length of the process varies depending on the complexity of your case and the severity of your injuries. A team of experienced attorneys at The Cochran Firm will work diligently to make sure that you receive a fair settlement as quickly as possible.
What Are My Legal Rights in a Personal Injury Claim?
In most cases, when someone is injured due to someone else’s negligence or recklessness, they have legal rights to seek compensation for their damages. An experienced personal injury lawyer from The Cochran Firm can provide you with guidance on how best to proceed with your case and ensure that all proper steps are taken.
Why Choose Us?
When you are involved in an accident with a DHL truck, choosing the right legal counsel is an important decision. Working with an experienced law firm like The Cochran Firm can help you to maximize the settlement or jury award you may receive.
When clients come to us for help after a DHL truck accident, here are some of the advantages they enjoy:
- Experienced representatives who know the intricacies of state and federal laws that affect their cases
- A large network of local attorneys, so even if an individual case requires travel outside of their usual location, we have access to additional resources with which to ensure success
- A team approach to every client’s file, which allows us to focus on every detail and give our clients the most comprehensive representation possible
- A commitment to excellence and providing results that exceed expectations.
Ultimately, our goal is always to maximize compensation for our clients when they have been injured in a DHL truck accident. With The Cochran Firm on your side, you can rest assured that your case will be handled by experienced professionals who will fight hard for justice on your behalf.
If you’ve been involved in a DHL truck accident, contact The Cochran Firm for an evaluation of your case. We take the time to answer our clients’ questions and provide comprehensive solutions to their legal dilemmas. Our experienced attorneys are dedicated to helping you understand your rights and provide the legal assistance you need to put yourself in the best position possible to receive the compensation you deserve.
Don’t go through this process alone; contact The Cochran Firm today and our team of experienced professionals can help walk you through the steps you need to take after a DHL truck accident: 800-969-4400.