You can be severely injured by a delivery truck in a split second. You could even lose a loved one in this type of serious accident. Delivery trucks are everywhere and are constantly on the move. This means that the number of accidents is higher than ever before, especially with the continued rise of online shopping.
Delivery trucks are heavy and carry thousands of pounds of materials. A delivery truck driver’s negligence can cause a serious truck accident that leads to catastrophic injuries. If you were hurt in a delivery truck collision, you could be owed significant financial compensation for your injuries and the suffering you have endured. A Philadelphia delivery truck accident attorney knows what you are going through and how to seek the monetary damages you deserve.
At The Cochran Firm in Pennsylvania, we know how to help. Our delivery truck accident lawyers are prepared to investigate your case and pursue the damages you deserve. Speak with us today to get started on your case.
Why Choose Us?
The Cochran Firm and its delivery truck accident attorneys know what you are dealing with. A negligent driver can cause devastating injuries that make you unable to work, affect your finances, and cause severe pain. You are likely dealing with mountains of medical bills, changes to your life, and other difficult circumstances. Our dedicated personal injury lawyers know how to investigate your case and prove you are entitled to compensation.
One of those attorneys is Robert S. Miller. He has decades of experience in personal injury claims. He has won millions for truck accident victims, including a $1.2 million claim for a man struck by a commercial vehicle and a $16 million settlement for a man injured by an impaired driver. He and the other delivery truck accident lawyers in Philadelphia are ready to put their experience to work for you.
Causes of Delivery Truck Accidents in Philadelphia
It seems like delivery trucks are everywhere now. Online shopping has led to an even greater increase in these commercial vehicles on Philadelphia roadways. These drivers are expected to follow traffic laws and drive safely. However, their careless or reckless actions can instead cause devastating injuries for other drivers like you.
Potential causes of delivery truck collisions may include, but are not limited to:
- Impaired Drivers: A drunk or drugged delivery driver may cause a serious accident due to their intoxication. Driving under the influence is illegal and is also a form of negligence.
- Following Too Closely: Delivery trucks cannot “stop on a dime.” These heavy vehicles need space to stop. When a delivery driver is too close to your bumper, they can cause serious injuries.
- Speeding: Delivery truck drivers must follow applicable speed limits and choose a safe speed for the situation. Speeding may result in catastrophic injuries from a truck accident.
- Aggressive Driving: Aggressive driving or road rage can lead to serious traffic accidents. Delivery drivers are often frustrated by traffic, their personal lives, or other situations, leading them to cause an accident.
- Failure to Check Blind Spots: Large trucks have blind spots that make it difficult to change lanes. Drivers that fail to check their blind spots often cause serious injuries.
- Bad Weather Conditions: Bad weather conditions can make it difficult to see or stop as quickly as normal. Delivery truck drivers are expected to take these conditions into account when driving. Failure to do so may cause a severe motor vehicle accident.
Whether your accident was caused by one of the above or another form of negligence, you may be owed compensation in your delivery truck accident case. Speak with a qualified Philadelphia delivery truck accident lawyer to address the specific details of your situation.
Frequently Asked Questions about Delivery Truck Accidents in Philadelphia
You likely have many questions about your delivery truck wreck. Our attorneys answer some of the most commonly asked questions we get about delivery truck accidents.
How much is a Delivery Truck Accident Settlement Worth?
Every case is different, but you could be owed thousands to millions of dollars from your delivery truck accident. Compensation is usually related to the severity of your injuries, whether a death occurred, or what caused the accident. For example, flagrant violations of the law or intoxicated driving may warrant a higher award. Our attorneys can analyze your specific case to estimate what you are owed.
What Do I Do After a Delivery Truck Accident?
If you were hit by a delivery truck, you should:
- Immediately seek medical treatment
- Take pictures or videos of the accident scene, property damage, and any injuries
- Never admit fault or partial fault at the scene of the accident
- Obtain insurance information from the at-fault driver if possible
- Speak to a delivery truck accident attorney as soon as you can.
Who Is Liable for My Delivery Truck Accident Injuries?
Many parties may be liable for your injuries. First, the driver that caused your harm is likely at fault for their negligence. You could also be compensated by any other drivers who contributed to the accident. You may also be able to sue the delivery truck driver’s employer under the legal doctrine of respondent superior.
Is There a Time Limit to File My Philadelphia Delivery Truck Accident Lawsuit?
Under Pennsylvania law, most delivery truck accident lawsuits must be filed within two years of the date of the accident. Some exceptions exist that may extend this deadline, but they are uncommon. You should speak to a delivery truck accident attorney quickly to avoid problems associated with filing late.
You likely still have many questions about your specific case. For answers to your questions, schedule a consultation with a Philadelphia delivery truck accident attorney.
Contact The Cochran Firm About Your Delivery Truck Accident
A delivery truck accident in Philadelphia may rob you of your health, cause financial hardships, and leave you in great pain. You should not have to suffer without appropriate compensation. Compensation for your medical bills, property damages, lost income, and more can help you bear your economic losses. You could also be entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, and even wrongful death damages.
At The Cochran Firm in Philadelphia, we understand what you are going through after a delivery truck accident. We also know how to help. Let our experienced attorneys seek compensation in your case. Contact us today online or call 800-969-4400 for a consultation of your case.