Our experienced truck injury lawyers in Philadelphia have extensive experience handling truck accident cases. We understand the challenges involved, and we are committed to fighting for our client’s rights. Call 800-969-4400 today for a free consultation.
Why Choose The Cochran Firm in Philadelphia for a Truck Accident?
Why We Win Our Cases
Every time we take on a truck accident case, we know there is a certain level of risk involved. Asking a multimillion-dollar trucking company or insurance company with an army of lawyers and experts to pay our client for its negligence requires preparation, stamina, and the owning of our own fears. We are fighting for what is right, and justice must prevail.
If we lose a case, not only do we lose our time and money, but our reputation as a successful law firm that spans over 50 years may be damaged. More significantly, a loss for a client means they will have to deal with the disappointment of not being able to get the money they need to try and make them whole again. It’s unsettling to worry about future medical treatments, putting food on the table, or finding a job that will make accommodations due to potential permanent injuries.
We will not allow corporations that care more about money to get away with not paying for the economic losses and the pain and suffering caused by their negligence.
2. We Are Experienced With Truck Accidents
There are many talented and qualified attorneys practicing law today; however, not every lawyer is right for every case. It’s important to choose an attorney in whom you have confidence and who has the experience relevant to your situation. Otherwise, you may end up with a lower settlement than you could have received or possibly lose your case altogether and be left feeling unsatisfied and upset. When selecting a lawyer, consider consulting with a personal injury attorney who specializes in your specific type of case to ensure you receive the best possible outcome.
Truck accidents cause serious injuries and even death. The lawyers who represent injured people in these cases need to be knowledgeable about the unique laws and regulations that apply to trucks. They also need to be able to navigate the complex process of filing a claim with the trucking company’s insurance carrier.
Attorney Robert Miller of The Cochran Firm in Philadelphia has won many multimillion-dollar trucking accident verdicts, including $2.3 million in a jury trial involving a fatal truck accident and a landmark $227 million verdict in a wrongful death case. Robert Miller has been rated a Top Attorney by Super Lawyers every year since 2018. He has the experience, knowledge, and success that you need on your side in a trucking accident lawsuit.
If the settlement offer is significantly less than what we believe you deserve, we will likely recommend filing a lawsuit and proceeding to trial. It’s not a decision we take lightly, but if we recommend going to trial, it’s because we believe it’s in your best interests to get the full compensation you deserve.
3. Compassion for You
At the Philadelphia Cochran Law Firm, we understand the challenges that you may be facing after a truck accident. We are here to help you through this difficult time and guide you through the process of filing a claim. Our team of knowledgeable truck attorneys will work tirelessly on your behalf to get you the compensation that you and your family need.
We promise to keep you informed throughout the process and return your phone calls and emails promptly. Our goal is to provide you with the highest level of customer service and to obtain the best possible outcome for your case.
We understand that going through a truck accident can be a confusing and stressful process. We promise to be patient, answer all your questions, and listen to your needs and expectations. We promise to guide you through every step of the process. Our goal is to make this difficult time as easy for you as possible, and we will not rest until you have received the justice you are entitled to.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident, you need an experienced team of lawyers on your side. The Pennsylvania truck accident lawyers at The Cochran Firm in Philadelphia have a proven track record of success in these complex cases. Call 800-969-4400 today to see how we can help.
Our Pennsylvania Truck Accident Lawyers Can Help You Right Now
Many victims of commercial truck accidents need immediate help. The following steps are things we can do to relieve some of the stress and get your case in the right lane for recovery and compensation.
- We will come to you – Sometimes our clients are unable to travel to our office because of their injuries. We understand the difficulties of being injured in a tractor-trailer accident and we will come to you instead, whether it’s in the hospital or at your home.
- Free case evaluation – You shouldn’t have to worry about how you will afford a lawyer while also trying to recover from a large truck accident. That’s why we offer free case evaluations so that you can learn about your legal options without any financial risk. We will thoroughly investigate the truck accident that caused your injuries and gather evidence for your claim.
- No upfront fees – Our firm works on a contingency basis, which means that you only pay us out of your settlement or jury verdict if we win your case. This allows us to take on cases that we believe in, and you never have to worry about any out-of-pocket costs.
- We handle the paperwork – After an accident, there is a lot of paperwork that needs to be filled out and submitted. This can be overwhelming, but our team will handle it for you so that you can focus on your recovery. We will also talk to the insurance company on your behalf and be there with you if the trucking company’s insurance wants to take your statement of the accident.
- Get the right medical care – Being injured in a truck accident can be a daunting and confusing experience. We will help you find the right doctors to ensure you receive the best possible care. We will work with you to find specialists who can provide the treatment you need to recover from your injuries. The medical system can be complex, intimidating, and expensive, but we will be there with you and find doctors who can wait to get paid when you settle your case.
- We fight for you – Our No. 1 priority is getting you the compensation you deserve so that you can move on with your life. We will do everything in our power to get you the best possible outcome. Many times, negotiations are successful and we can avoid the time and expense of a trial. However, when a settlement offer is significantly less than what we believe you deserve, we will likely recommend filing a lawsuit and proceeding to trial.
Any type of injury from a truck accident can be extremely costly to treat, both financially and emotionally. If you or someone you love has been involved in a truck accident, it is important to consult with an experienced accident lawyer who can help you understand your rights and options. Call us today at 800-969-4400.
Answers From Our Philadelphia Truck Accident Lawyers to Frequently Asked Questions
Many truck accidents are the result of trucking companies putting profits ahead of safety. Trucking companies may pressure drivers to work long hours without proper rest, or they may cut corners on maintenance in order to save money. As a result, innocent people are needlessly killed or injured every day.
How long does it take to settle a truck accident?
A truck accident case typically goes through the following three stages:
Depending on the type of injuries and the severity of the accident, there are times that a truck accident can take years to completely settle, especially if one side disputes liability or contests the amount of the settlement. A case that goes to trial may take longer, but it also gives us the opportunity to present all the evidence and have a judge or jury determine the amount of damages you are entitled to.
What are the most common causes of truck accidents?
In 2020, there were 4,842 fatal accidents involving large trucks in the U.S., and 147 fatal large truck accidents in Pennsylvania. The following list includes the most common causes of truck accidents:
- Driver fatigue
- Distracted driving
- Under the influence or drunk driving
- Brake or equipment failure
- Bad weather
- Poor road conditions.
How long do I have to file a truck accident claim?
In Pennsylvania, the statute of limitations for truck accident injury claims is two years from the date of the accident. This means that you have two years to file a claim for compensation. If you wait longer than two years, you may likely be barred from recovery.
I was injured in a truck accident that was not my fault. Do I have a case?
If you were injured in a truck accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. If the accident resulted in the wrongful death of a loved one, you may be entitled to additional compensation and survivorship benefits.
Truck accidents can be devastating and cause a wide range of injuries, and in some cases, victims may even be paralyzed or killed. While seatbelts and airbags can help to reduce the severity of injuries, they are often no match for the sheer size and weight of a truck. As a result, truck accident victims often require extensive medical treatment and may need to take time off work to recover. In severe cases, they may even require long-term care or be permanently disabled.
Our experienced team of Philadelphia truck injury attorneys will investigate your accident and determine who is liable so that we can get you the maximum compensation possible. Call us at 800-969-4400 for a free, no-obligation consultation today.
Hiring a Truck Accident Lawyer in Philadelphia
Providing The Best Possible Legal Representation Means Never Giving Up
If you’ve been injured in a major truck accident, you know that you are facing a long and difficult road to recovery. Not only do you have to deal with the physical and emotional challenges of your injuries, but you also may be facing mounting medical bills and lost wages.
You may be tempted to accept the first settlement offer that comes your way, but it’s important to remember that insurance companies are in the business of making money, not paying out claims. Moreover, insurance companies will have their own lawyers working to minimize the amount they have to pay out, and you need someone who can not only level the playing field but win the game.
If you or someone you love has been Injured in a truck accident, it is important to know that you have options. We invite you to contact The Cochran Law Firm in Philadelphia today at 800-969-4400 for a free consultation and see if we are the right law firm for you.